Let us pitch you first.
kodehyve is a mission-driven technology venture specialised in the digital transformation of the built ecosystem and its entire value chain by providing connected operating systems and APIs, built for construction by construction. In short: We build technologies that help build the world.
Our team’s mission is to help the built industry to de-risk new property development activities, drive collaboration and thereby enhance efficiencies, productivity, transparency and quality, as well as gain greater visibility into operations, and yield higher profitability - across the entire project lifecycle.
More specifically, we provide 2 main service categories: For one, we provide real estate specific platforms, such as our flagship products kodehyve OS, kodehyve sign and kodehyve comply. Second, our kodehyve advisory business unit focuses on business intelligence and data analysis for reporting, tech advisory and digital audits.
At kodehyve, we collaborate with property developers, construction companies and contractors, real estate funds, architecture and engineering offices, real estate agencies as well as Governments and municipalities.
It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve our ambitious goals. kodehyve is growing rapidly and our fast-moving team is committed to leading the digitalisation of the real estate sector in Europe and beyond.
As a Software Engineer, you help build the kodehyve operating system for property development by transforming product vision into usable software. Software Engineers at kodehyve require excellent critical thinking skills and must demonstrate that they can proactively and continuously improve their level of knowledge about kodehyve’s business and relevant technologies. This Software Engineer will work closely with the product and engineering teams to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
An insight into the technologies you will use
- Back: Serverless micro services architecture based on AWS (Lambda, NodeJS Runtime, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Cognito...)
- Front: React, NodeJS
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and own features of our applications
- Write and optimise code aimed at enhancing performance and scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and product owners and actively participate in daily scrums to drive quality releases
- Challenge suggested solutions by other team members to diversify ways of thinking and developing
- Review code and suggest improvements
- Perform testing including automated test creation
- 3+ years in software engineering in the context of larger projects, preferably B2B or B2B2C
- Knowledge of NodeJS, React and Typescript
- Familiarity with agile and scrum methodologies
- Strong sense for UX/UI
- Web based product experience
- Be able to provide strong references from previous employers
- Fluent (minimum C1 level) in English. Proficiency in French, German, Luxembourgish or Dutch is a strong asset. Portuguese and any other language is a plus
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, as well as effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience in the SaaS, PropTech/ConTech, or FinTech/RegTech industries is a strong asset
- Understanding of the real estate development process, including property development, construction, architecture, engineering, and financing, is a plus
- Pragmatic and aware of business concepts communicated by the business team and kodehyve customers
Mindset and Work Ethic
- Comfortable with a transparent and authentic approach when engaging with stakeholders
- Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback to foster personal and team growth
- Takes ownership and responsibility for projects, processes, and products they contribute to, with a focus on delivering high-quality outcomes
- Resilient and solution-oriented, with the ability to navigate challenges and learn from setbacks
- Growth mindset, positive attitude, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple priorities
- Systematic thinker who can focus on detailed, flawless execution and impact delivery
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to navigate and prioritise cross-functional action plans, tasks, and needs without compromising quality
Equal employment opportunity
kodehyve considers every candidate for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and other protected classifications.
For more information about kodehyve, our track record and values, please visit kodehyve.com.